Anyway, I told myself when Maya turns 3 months she would start sleeping in her room. She's actually a good sleeper, so I don't think she really cares; it's me with the issues. So, last night, Jamaar went to the movies with a friend and I watched the opening ceremony of the olympics with Maya in the living room. She ended up falling asleep on the couch. So, with a big, you have to be strong sigh, I picked her up and took her into her beautiful room and layed her in her beautiful crib. She never even woke up during that transition.
Now here's the "you're a crazy mom" part. We got 2 sets of monitors as gifts. Both sets come with 2 pieces that you can put in 2 different rooms so you can hear the baby. So we have a total of 2 bases and 4 pieces to take with you to hear the baby. So I set up both bases in her room (yes both!), and I put all 4 pieces around our bed and had them all on! I guess I was just paranoid that something would happen and I wouldn't hear her crying. If you've been to our house, you know that I don't really even need monitors if you're staying upstairs because the 2 rooms are close together. Well that's what I did and that's what made me feel better.
She gets put on her feeding tube all night and it slowly gives her milk throughout the night. So, I have to restart it every 4 hours. So, I did go in there at 12:30am and 4:30am to restart it and check on her. Bwtween those 2 intervals she did have a pacifier moment twice. She woke up and wanted her paci, but as soon as she got it she went back to sleep. So HOORAY!!! Maya and mommy got through her first full night in her crib. And it's 7:09am right now and she's still sleeping.
*Picture- When I went to go check on her all 4 times she looked like that. The part where her leg is, is her "sleep positioner". It's suppose hold the baby in place so that they don't roll over. Well as you can see my little wiggle worm, wiggled herself out and ended up at the top of her crib. Now I know why they created crib bumpers. She kept ending up with her head right in the crib bumper.*
On another note (sorry this blog is so long, I'm just playing catch up), Maya has reached the fun age. She smiles all of the time now and has a silent laugh. She kicks her feet with excitement. And loves being talked to. If you hold her close to you and talk to her, she will talk back to you, with her own language of coarse! It's funny having her in the car. Her carseat faces backwards, so on our way to LPA in the mornings, if she's in a good mood, all you hear is her talking to herself. It's very sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment