Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mederma for Kids- Does it really work?



Right after Maya's surgery, all of the nurses in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, would go on and on about how great Mederma for Kids is to help with scars. Since Maya has some really nice scars from her heart surgery, the pace maker which was put in during her surgery, her neck scar from them trying to get an artery, and a small scar from her diaphragm surgery, I was looking for any suggestions so that my poor baby won't have to tell so many stories when she gets older as to what happened to her.

So, a friend of mine bought me a tube of Mederma for Kids for Maya. This tiny little tube cost $22.00!!!! I thought for that price, this stuff has to work. So, I'm doing my own little experiment. I will use Mederma exactly as directed until the tube is done. I took a picture of Maya's scars as of June 25th and I'll take a picture of it every month. I'm just curious to see if this tiny tube that cost so much really works. And I figure the nurses in PICU see pretty bad scars all of the time. If that's what they suggest, I trust them. If it does help, Maya could do some advertising for them.

No comments: