Friday, January 18, 2008

It's been a while

Sorry I haven't written in a while. I've been crazy busy at work. I have this parent who is driving me crazy!! She has a problem with one of my teacher's and she feels the need to complain to me all of the time. Recently she has gotten a hold of my home phone number and now calls me in the evenings to complain about her child's teacher. The crazy thing is, that her child's teacher is one of the best teachers in the entire building! To be honest I'm not really sure what she's complaining about half the time. The other day she talked to me for an hour about how her child's nose was running when she came to pick him up and the teacher didn't clean his nose. By the way her child is 4. The last time I checked 4 year-olds, knew how to clean their own nose! Anyway, she has made my life crazy the last 2 weeks!

She wanted to have a meeting this morning with me and her child's teacher at 7:30am. Ok, since I've been pregnant, mornings have been kind of rough for me. On top of that it snowed last night, so there was ice everywhere this morning. Well, I found myself running out of the house at 7:20am determined not to be late for this meeting and I slipped on some ice and took a pretty nice fall. I had a few scratches on my leg and hands, and I got all muddy. So, I ran back in the house, changed my pants, and was on my way. Just as I was about 2 minutes away, my assistant called and told me the mother had left and didn't say anything to her about a meeting.

Well, my hormones going crazy, I had to pull my car over because I started crying and it took me a while to get myself together. I just felt so frustrated that I went through all of that and she didn't even remember about the meeting.

I hate when our families decide to leave my school, but getting that call today that she's transferring to another LPA....well, that just made my whole day! I couldn't be happier:)

Baby stuff....
We've picked a name for the baby. She is Maya Rose Ghana day name Sweet.
I'm now feeling her moving around a lot more. She kicks me and elbows me. I don't know if this is really a pattern but I tend to get more kicks after I eat something sugary.

And well, my sleeping has gotten miserable. I just can't seem to get comfortable! The doctor said to try and sleep on my left side for blood circulation, but I feel most comfortable on my right side. I've always slept on my stomach, but now that I'm starting to show I really can't do that anymore. So, I'm just trying to take a nap in the afternoons so that I can feel somewhat rested.

Actually I'm feeling a little sleepy now, so I think I'm going to try and lay down.

No comments: