Saturday, February 9, 2008

Invasion of personal space? (and other struff too)

I've been told by mothers that when your're pregnant you'll be surprised how many people what to rub your belly. Well, I hadn't experienced that until today. I was having lunch with a friend and went to use the restroom. There was an older lady standing by the restroom. As I was walking towards her she kept smiling at me, so I smiled back. When I got close to her, she just reached out and touched my stomach. I was shocked! I didn't know what to do. She then asked when I was due as she was asking me this, Maya decided to start kicking really hard! The lady then said "oh my, I can feel your baby moving!". I didn't know what to do! There was a stranger touching my stomach, getting the privledge of feeling my baby kick, which her own father doesn't get to feel very often!

She then started talking to me about how amazing life is. It was so bizarre. But, it didn't seem to bother me. It just kind of surprised me. At my job, the girls at work always rub my belly....I have gotten used to people I know touching me, but this was a whole different experience!

I had a rough week at work last week. I had to work 11 hour days everyday. We had about 5-6 teachers out everyday with the flu. So, because we were so short staff, I had to do my Director responsibilities and then schedule myself in a classroom for the rest of the day. And those 2 year-olds really kept me busy!

I guess the flu shot really works! I got it in October and we've had about half of my school out sick with the flu for the last few weeeks and I have felt fine (knock on wood!).

We also did purchase a car last week. We were thinking about getting a small SUV, but the gas on those were terrible! Even on the really small ones! So, we ended up getting a 2006 Toyota Matrix. It's great on gas, the mileage on it was low, and it's very roomy. The seats also sit up high,similar to an SUV. Which is a plus because I always have felt like I couldn't really see the road that well in my other car because I'm short and the seats sat very low. So we're very happy with our purchase.

I'm going to go take a walk now. That seems to be only form of excersicse that I can still do.

No comments: