Saturday, March 1, 2008

Off to NY

Ok, so I'm not really good at this whole blogging thing. I know I don't get on here nearly as much as a good blogger would. I guess my day to day life is just not that exciting to be blogging about everyday. The kids at work keep me laughing, but I can't really share those stories because you have to be there to understand the funny factor of what these children do and say everyday that makes me love my job.

Anyway, Jamaar had gotten us tickets to see The Color Purple on Broadway. Well, the show hadn't been doing as well in the last few weeks so they decided to pull it from Broadway and go on tour around the country. And the way my luck is, they pulled it before we were suppose to see it. We had tickets to see it tonight and the last show was last weekend:( So, we're still headed to New York in a couple of hours. We already had train tickets and booked a hotel, so we figured we should still make the best of it. After the baby comes, we don't know when we'll be able to have a quick trip like this. So, we got tickets to see Avenue Q instead, and hopefully we'll catch the Color Purple when it comes to Baltimore.

On our baby Maya news....I had a doctor's appt. and everything looks good. I'm up 13 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, 7 of those pounds just got added in the last month!!! Doctor said I'm doing great with my weight though. I do officially feel huge and I officially can't bend over to tie my shoes! I've also never felt as hungry as I have felt in the last month. I'm so hungry all of the time!! I didn't have much of an appetite most of the pregnancy, so I guess I'm catching up!I've been trying to eat healthy and I try to take an hour long walk everyday.

We also had a tour of the NICU since that's where Maya will spend her first few days. The babies there were so tiny!!! We felt very reassured by the Director of the NICU who showed us around. She was very informative and gave us a lot of time to explain to us what was going to happen after she's born and let us ask all of the questions we could have possibly thought of. We're so thankful that Maya will be in such great care.

Well, I guess I better pack. Our train leaves in 3 hours. Glad to hear it's going to be a beautiful weekend in New York....sunny and in the 50's.

No comments: