Well as most of you know I was put on bedrest last week because it appeared that I was going into preterm labor. So, it's been a week and a day now of me being home, and I am trying my best to hang in there. It's hard though, I'm not going to lie. Everyday I try to think of things to keep me busy while laying down.
My boss is in the middle of trying to figure out some sort of schedule for me where I can work from home and via email and phone. So, I've been keeping busy with some work stuff for now. But, if I find out that I can't get paid to work from home, I wont' be doing anymore work stuff.
I've also joined Netflix and every kind of social network on the internet. A couple of years ago I started reading "I know this much is true" by Wally Lamb. What I had read of it was good, but I got too busy with life that I never finished it. So, I've started reading that again.
Our poor dog, Izabelle, seems really stressed and confused about all of this. I'm home all day with her, which she loves....but I think she's confused as to why I'm not getting up and playing with her. We've also had more people stopping by the house which has her stressed too, because she acts crazy when people come over so she must go in her crate. So, she's been going in her crate a lot the last few days, which she's not very fond of.
The worst feeling though is the sadness that I feel by not seeing my kids at work. I never thought I would miss them to the degree that I do. Don't get me wrong, I've taken vacations and I've been out of the building before, but just knowing the length of time that will go by before I see them again, makes me cry everytime I think of it. Those children are my life (which is why it's a good thing that I'm having a child of my own). Thinking about how different all the kids will look the next time I see them makes me sad. Especially the babies. They change so much in a matter of days! I have shared my email address with the families there so I've gotten so many great, thoughtful emails. Some of them include pictures of their kids. I really do have a great group of families that attend my school.
So, my life has become extremely uneventful. I look forward to Jamaar coming home from work more than usual just to see a person and have a conversation with someone face to face. I really don't know how I'm going to get through the next 8-10 weeks. I guess, Maya wants to show us already who is going to be running the show before she even gets here!!!! Let's just hope she stays put for a while. It's too early for her to come now. The doctor said if she can wait until 34 weeks, we'll be in the safe zone (but the later then better). That's in 4 weeks, so just hold your horses baby girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i loved "i know this much is true". have you read "the corrections". it's also a good book. i should just send you the books i have sitting on my bookshelf.
Post a Comment