
Wow, I'm 35 weeks this week...only 5 more weeks until Maya's due date!! I can't believe it! It really has gone by fast. So, we're doing all of the last minute preparations, for her. My father in-law bought Maya a crib and changing table (we're just waiting for the delivery of the crib, which will hopefully come this week). My parents bought us a stroller and car seat combo. So, we've put together the stroller and the car seat is now in the car.
Jamaar started painting Maya's room this week. When we bought our house, the room was made for a little girl. It was purple with all of the Disney princesses painted on the walls. It was cute, but not really my taste, so we decided to paint over it. Her room is going to be in pink and brown to match her bedding which is pink and brown with polka dots and ladybugs. The picture above shows the nursery that we are using as a sample for what we want her room to look like.
Last week, we did have a little bit of a scare. I had to spend the night in Labor and Delivery due to some bleeding. But, after being watched overnight, the doctor let me come home. Maya was fine and I was fine, it just looked like I dilated a half a centimeter which might have caused a little bleeding. So, we added a picture of me at the hospital.
It has been a busy last few days. My father in-law and Mary (my step mother in-law)came down from New York and spent the weekend with us. They watched Jamaar in kung-fu class and enjoyed looking at my belly. Mary also cleaned the house for me, which was so helpful since I've been having a hard time getting around.
My favorite thing to do that last few weeks has been laying on my back in the evenings and watching my belly. I can literally see her moving around when I lay on my back. It just looks like a tennis ball moving from one side of my stomach to another, which I believe is her behind. I also see an egg looking thing poke out which I believe is either her knee or foot. I'm trying to treasure these moments as much as possible since this will be the only time I will experience this with her. She is really, really active in the eveings!!!
The pictures are me in the hospital last week, Jamaar painting his baby girl's room, Iz watching Jamaar paint (not so sure about all the changes in the house), our new stroller, Maya's Room sign, and the sample of what her room will look like.
No comments:
Post a Comment