Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dull past few days

I haven't been on here for a while. Nothing really exciting has happend within the last week or so. I had a doctor's appt. last Monday and everything looks good. I've gained 5 pounds so far.

I don't think I ever mentioned this on this blog, but at my first sonogram I found out that I have a fibroid about the size of a golf ball. So, it has caused minor problems with hearing the baby's heartbeat. It seems that the Bean is sitting right behind the fibroid so to see or hear Bean, it gets a little tricky. So at my 12 week appt. my doctor was having a hard time finding Bean's heartbeat because of the fibroid so they wanted to try again last week. With a lot of determination from my wonderfully patient doctor, she finally found the perfect spot to pick up the sounds of Bean's heartbeat.

The fibroid shouldn't cause any major problem with the baby. I'm wondering if it's going to be harder to find out the sex of the baby though since they are having problems. My doctor said that right now the baby is about the same size as the fibroid, so as the Bean grows bigger, it will be less of an issue. My doctor said that about 70% of women have fibroids!

I did get to make my appt. for what pregnant people call my "big sonogram". That is where the measure the baby and make sure it's developing appropriately and the best part, if Bean is cooperative we find out if Bean is a boy or a girl:0) My appt. is Dec. 28 which will put me at 19 weeks. All of my family will be in Arizona for the holidays, so I'll have to share my news over the phone and I know that the girls at work will help me celebrate whatever Bean is. Jamaar and I both feel very strongly that it's a boy.

That's about it from here. Oh, and by the way....
HAPPY 27TH BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!!!!!!! HOPE THE CAKE WAS YUMMY:0)

No comments: