Saturday, October 13, 2007
Welcome to my blog
After speaking with Jeff today, he convinced me to start a blog. I had been thinking about it, since I found that I'm pregnant because my family is all over the world. This might be a good idea to start this so that I can keep everyone up to date on what's going on both with the pregnancy and my everyday life (which isn't always too exciting, so bare with me through the boring days).So, I am now 7 weeks pregnant. I have a book that outlines each week of your pregnancy. It tells you how you should be feeling, ways to cope with the down side of what you're feeling, and shows pictures of how the baby looks. This week I'm excited because our baby is starting to grow its legs and arms, so now it's looking somewhat like a real thing instead of a shriveled up bean:o) My week was much better this week, compared to last week. Last week I was so sick. I felt nauseated all day, everyday. I started realizing that I felt the sickest right after I would take my prenatal vitamins. So, my doctor told me to stop taking the prenatal vitamins and to take Flintstone vitamins instead. That seemed to do the trick. Now, when I haven't eaten anything in couple of hours, I start to feel queasy, but as long as I eat little meals throughout the day, I seem to be feeling much, much better! Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Cookies have also helped a lot with the queasy feeling.So, what am I craving? Lemonade and cold pizza:o) (I know yummy and so healthy, right?!) That's all that I seem to want all of the time. Especially lemonade. I can't seem to get enough of it!!!Jamaar and I have started talking about names and we don't agree on anything! So, I think we'll hold off thinking about names for a while.Other than this pregnancy, I don't seem to have much of a life, because I'm so sleepy all of the time. One of my friends wanted to have to have a dinner party in honor of the baby, with a few of my other friends that I haven't seen in a while. Well, I ended up canceling because I could hardly keep my eyes open while I was at work. There was no way that I would be in any kind of fun spirit and the dinner party. So, we might do a lunch or something in a couple of weeks. Thanks anyway Katherine and I still appreciate your thoughtfulness!Well work has been keeping me quite busy! I had to suspend a child this week, and I've never had to do that before...I felt so bad. The child is only 2!!!! He has been so violent towards all of the kids in his class. Punching them, kicking them, biting them, and scratching them. All for no apparent reason. The parent's of the kids being hurt have been complaining, so I told them we're trying our best to figure out what is going on with this child and to just give me a couple of weeks so that I could observe him the classroom. Well on Monday, we punched a child in the nose and caused a really bad, bloody nose. After I called the violent child's parents at every phone number listed, and no one answered their phones, I got really annoyed. I left 6 different messages on all of the voicemails that I got. This was at about 10am. No one called me back until about 2:30pm. I told his mother she had to pick him up and he couldn't return until Wednesday. She said she was leaving work and she would be right there. She didn’t show up until 6:15pm and we close at 6:30pm. I know things come up, but seriously...don't lie to your child's preschool director while she's suspending him. I was so annoyed with her and I felt bad for the child because I feel like this is why he is so aggressive. He probably just needs attention from his parent's. Mom is a lawyer and dad is a commercial real estate agent. So, I get it...they're busy people. But, they have to give their child some time out of their crazy schedule. He's always the first one at school and the last one at the end of the day. That's approximately a 11.5-12 hour day. That's just too much for a 2 year old. Well, mom came in yesterday with her 2 weeks notice that she'll be pulling him out of LPA. She's decided to hire a nanny. I don't think that's really going to solve the child's problems. But, at least I'll be keeping the rest of the 2 year olds at LPA safe from that child.On a happier note, I'm planning a Fall Festival for the children at LPA on Oct. 27. All proceeds will go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. We're going to have a moon bounce, games, face painting, balloon art, raffle prizes, lunch, and a bake sale. This is the biggest event I've ever planned, but I know it's going to be great. We're charging $5.00 per person to get in and that money will include everything except the raffle prizes and bake sale. Everything that we will have is being donated by various businesses in the community. I was surprised to see how many businesses were willing to pitch in. I'm excited and so are the teachers!!Ok, I think I've rambled enough. I'll try and post something at least once a week, so check in and see what's going on it the world on Emily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment